Image via: Social Media Maximizer
It seems that in 2013, if your business is not dominating on social media, then it will easily get swept up in the tidal wave of competition.
While there seems to be a bevy of directions that your brand can go to build its online presence, the best way to gain guidance on what direction you should go, is to listen to the pros.
The pros are the champions of social media and often were the early adopters. The pros range from actual media sites like, Social Media Examiner, to powerhouse individual social media experts like, Heidi Cohen.
If you listen to these pros, then you are in good hands and will be ready to tackle your company’s social media campaigns with confidence.
To give you a leg up on the competition, we’ve gathered a list of 50 social media tips from the top blogs.
Social Media Marketing Blog Tips
1. Share exclusive content on your company Facebook and Twitter profiles to make your followers feel courted.
Jon Thomas, Social Media Today
2. Always aim to build loyalty through your social media networks. Even with those that have not purchased from you yet.
Eileen Bernardo, Social Mouths
3. Try Twitter Lead Generation cards to beef up your email subscriber list.
Jessica Lee, Click Z
4. Remember to claim your vanity URL on LinkedIn. For example, http://linkedin.com/in/(insert your name here).
Pamala Vaughan, Hubspot
5. Use Instragram to build your brand with brand centric images that sell your appeal to potential consumers.
Jamie Turner, Social Media Examiner
6. Establish your brand’s voice (literally) by using Vine for iPhone and Android.
Benna Combs, More Cabbage Media
7. For SEO purposes, don’t forget to use hashtags for your Google + posts too.
Scott Ayres, Post Planner
8. Engage your customer, not your product on Twitter.
Shea Bennett, Media Bistro.
9. Set-up Google Authorship and connect it to your business blog and/or website.
Brent Gleeson, Entrepreneur Magazine
10. Create a “Deal of the Day” account on Twitter for your brand.
Heidi Cohen, Heidi Cohen Inc
11. Use the Commun.it app to engage more with the Twitter users that have recently interacted with your brand.
Ann Smarty, Small Biz Trends
12. Establish yourself as an industry leader by writing guest posts on news sites and blogs.
13. The best time for businesses to post on Facebook is between 6:30 am to 8:30 am and the worst times are on Friday evenings and on weekends.
Danielle Cormier, Constant Contact
14. Tell inspirational stories across all of your social media networks. Become a story-teller that makes fans want to learn more about your brand.
Michelle Christie, Business2Community
15. Don’t become obsessed about getting more followers, become zealous about building a community instead.
Lisa Larkin, Huffington Post
16. Avoid self-promotion on your social networks. It often comes across as spammy and dis-interesting to your followers.
Anny Solway, Raven Tools
17. Create a content calendar for your business Facebook page.
Alex Hisaka, Social Media Examiner
18. Find niche social media networks within your industry.
Simon Vreeswijk, Stikky Media
19. Always think of LinkedIn as “the” social network for professionals.
Justin Fishaw, Digital Sherpa
20. Find where your customers are on social networks and “go deep” with them to present solutions to their problems/needs.
Amy Porterfield, Amy Porterfield Inc.
21. Include Calls-To-Actions in your Pinterest posts.
Melissa Taylor, Pinterest-Savvy
22. Don’t overlook being hyper local on your company social media networks for marketing purposes.
Louise Julig, Social Media Examiner
23. Use Foursquare to promote your local business for free.
Adam Wise, Thrive Hive Marketing
24. Don’t spread yourself too thin across social networks. Select two or even one, and work them to your advantage.
Melina Emerson, Succeed As Your Own Boss
25. Inspire a giving campaign of your company’s favorite charity on Pinterest.
Mitt Ray, Social Media Examiner
26. Social apps on Facebook are proven lead generators for business pages. Musts are newsletter, company blog, coupons/promotions, and product apps.
David McKellar, Contentlead
27. Research and then use the top 5 to 7 hashtags that relate to your business when using Instagram for marketing.
Kristen Marzonie, Ignite Social Media
28. Don’t be a robot and redundant with your company Twitter posts. People are only going to interact, re-tweet, and reach out to brands that show a human touch.
Shea Bennett, Media Bistro
29. Ask for testimonials for your website from your Twitter followers that have purchased your product or service in the past.
Kristi Hines, Kikolani Marketing
30. Create an on-going video series of your product launches or other “behind the scenes” content and post them on Vimeo, You Tube, your company website, and your company blog.
Danny Groner, Marketing Profs
31. Use Infographics on Pinterest and Facebook, to really ignite social sharing.
Lori Taylor, Social Caffeine
33. Use Google + Hangouts to connect with potential clients and customers.
Mark Traphagen, Windmill Marketing
33. Keep your blog and social media profile updated with recent company news and contact information.
Darren Rowse, Pro Blogger
34. Share the content of others on Twitter and Facebook that would be of use to your followers.
Kim Garst, Boom Social
35. Consistently but sparingly share your expertise across your social media platforms. Don’t come across as a “know it all” and not much else.
Wendi Moore, We Build Your Audience
36. Try YouTube live streaming for your next webinar, conference, or speaking engagement.
Jim Tobin, Ignite Social Media
37. Create a memorable but to the point bio for your company on Twitter.
Lisa Gulasy, Kuno Creative
38. Share breaking news and respond to current events with thoughtful commentary to strengthen your online voice and brand.
Gail Goodman, Entrepreneur Magazine
39. To improve your company’s SEO, link your social media profiles from your business website homepage.
Eli Goodman, Search Engine Watch
40. Company’s that write between 25-30 word posts on Facebook, experience the highest “Like” percentage.
Jeff Bullas, Jeff Bullas Inc.
41. Remember to post comments on other businesses and fan pages on Facebook using your business profile. This encourages engagement with your brand.
Lauren Thomas, Digital Sherpa
42. Do not mix your personal social media commentary with your professional social media commentary.
Michael Armstrong, Strong Blogs
43. Use LinkedIn Forums of relevant groups to nurture your online influence.
Jenn Gray, Avenue Gray Marketing
44. Create a weekly Twitter Chat that will highlight your expertise and yield you more followers.
James Blute, James Blute Inc
45. Create an invitation only Facebook group of your top brand ambassadors and have promotions that are exclusive to them.
Pam Aungst, Social Media Today
46. Create an enticing landing page with a call-to-action for your company’s Facebook page.
Melissa Mackey, Beyond the Paid
47. Make sure your company is verified and has an embedded link on your Pinterest profile to further connect your overall online brand.
Samantha Noble, State of Search
48. Add your blog posts, thoughts, and relevant news, often on your Google + profile often to maximize influence and gain exposure via Google as a whole.
Adam Barber, Content Marketing Institute
49. Use your company blog to drive traffic to your social media profiles with HTML links.
Ana Hoffman, Traffic Generation Cafe
50. Identify your ideal customer (from their demographics to their hobbies) and court them on the social network where they spend the most time.
Mackenzie Fogelson, MOZ Marketing
You’ve now got a mega list at your first tips of top-notch advice from the social media pros.
However, keep in mind that growing your social media presence and influence does not happen over night. It takes time and forethought.
Do not let creating a social media marketing plan intimidate or daunt you any longer.
Take this list and map out a plan of action and set some goals for your brand in order for it to launch into the social media stratosphere.
Do you have additional tips?
Please share with the other readers.Social Media Marketing Blog: 50 Tips Collected From The Top Blogs by DayneS